Saturday 26 March 2016

Dreaming of warmer weather.......


So I thought I'd share a few Spring like items I have made recently and talk about what I'm working on next. The rain maybe lashing outside but I hope to be wearing these really soon!

First up Butterick B5895 High waisted semi fitted jeans - I made in a thick green floral stretch fabric. A great style you can dress up or down - I did like the high waist on me but I should have taken it down a size (I cut the 16 as find Butterick small but it didnt help this time and I had to take these in a lot).
Misses Top and Jeans Butterick Sewing Pattern No. 5895.
Next up Colette Patterns 1022 Iris Shorts. I made these in a black floral print cotton with cute parrots on. I cut the size 14 - a good overall fit but a little tight on the low waistband. Actually I hate parrots (they always try to bite me) but I loved this print. And here is me wearing them on the one sunny day we had last year! 


Finally we have the lovely Sew Over It Vintage Shirt Dress. I've made this twice - this was my first one in a thick black floral stretch fabric. I love the fit of this (I cut the size 14 out and it fitted like a glove). 

Product Image

Next in my sewing plans is a linen shirt dress - Simplicity 8014 View C to be precise! I have 3m of a  linen mix fabric found in a vintage market in Frome last year - its all cut and ready to sew. I'll write a blog post once I've finished - fingers crossed over the next week!

Misses' Shirt Dress

Happy Easter!

No comments:

Post a Comment